|Voluntary Prekindergarten for Parents
FREE VPK is available to all Florida four-year-olds. VPK programs utilize learning through play,
developmentally appropriate instruction and activities, and approved VPK providers to prepare your child to be ready to learn upon entering kindergarten.
Child Eligibility and Registration Requirements
All children who live in Florida who turn 4 years of age by September 1st of the program year are eligible to participate in Florida’s FREE VPK program, including children with a disability.
How Do I Pre-register My Child For The VPK Program?
To make it easier for parents to register their 4 year old children for VPK, the Coalition has uploaded the VPK application form. You can print the attached application, complete it at home and bring the completed form and all required documents to the Coalition office at 1300 Citizens Blvd., Suite 206, Leesburg FL 34748. Our office hours are Monday-Friday from 8-5pm. If you have specific questions, you can contact Ms. Simone Hylton at 352-315-6667.
Click here to view and print the VPK CHILD APPLICATION.
What Will I Need To Have To Enroll My Child In VPK?
Documentation needed to determine a child’s age: Parents/Guardians musts bring a copy of one of the following documents to register their child for VPK:
Proof of age:
- An original or certified copy of a childís birth record. (Hospital birth records are not acceptable)
- A passport or certificate of arrival in the US showing the birth date of the child; or
- An immunization record indicating the date of birth, signed by a public health officer or by a licensed practicing physician; or
- A valid military dependent identification card showing the date of birth.
NOTE: If none of the above information is available, an affidavit of age sworn to by the parent, accompanied by a certificate of age reflecting the child’s birth, signed by a public health officer or by a licensed physician which states that the physician has examined the child and believes that the age as stated in the affidavit is substantially correct.
Proof you live in Florida- Parents must bring a copy of one of the following documents to verify they live in Florida:
- Utility Bill, Pay Stub, Land Line telephone bill received within the last 6 weeks
- Documentation from a homeless shelter or domestic violence shelter
- Government document (Florida ID or Driverís License (Post office boxes are not sufficient); or
- Signed and dated lease agreement for current calendar year